The Dead Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crafting is now available!

5 posters

Go down

Crafting is now available! Empty Crafting is now available!

Post by TheASDF Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:56 am

So guys, with the recent update, Con has created Crafting!

What are your thoughts on this? I personally do not have enough resources to fully upgrade my tables at the moment and so I am anticipating, with excitement, the possibilities.

For all you level 40s out there, what is it like?

Last edited by TheASDF on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheASDF

Back to top Go down

Crafting is now available! Empty Re: Crafting is now available!

Post by Ecthel_013 Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:27 pm

I see plenty of fuel expenditures for some not too impressive equipment, but at least they're tiny and Con gave us a Fuel drop rate boost for a short time.

Still, my crafting benches are both still at Level 4, so I can't say too much on the quality of the stuff we can craft.

Ecthel_013

Back to top Go down

Post by TheASDF Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:34 pm

We need fuel for some of the stuff you say?

TheASDF

Back to top Go down

Post by Proteus Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:45 pm

we need fuel for some of the parts that we need to craft, without them, crafting is a no-no.
Proteus
Proteus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecthel_013 Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:43 pm

You can easily get the materials, build the needed buildings and get the necessary schematics for free, but you need fuel to actually craft anything. That said, even crafting a Level 20 purple is still affordable, and you have a chance of getting a nice extra stat bonus.

Upgrading items you already have, on the other hand, gets expensive really quickly.

Ecthel_013

Back to top Go down

Post by Proteus Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:48 pm

Yeah...I've been recycling a lot of old weapons I have and that has been giving me the materials. On the other hand, the fuel thing...I'm thinking of buying some by Facebook credits. What do you say about it?
Proteus
Proteus

Back to top Go down

Post by Proteus Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:05 am

Found a bug! If you upgrade a weapon which is in the hands of some character, if the weapon becomes too high for that character lvl, the character can still use it!! Neat, huh?
For example, my char Proteus has a Colt M1911 lvl 14, he is also lvl 14. I upgraded the gun to lvl 15 and he is still lvl 14 and able to use it!
Proteus
Proteus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheASDF Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:09 pm

Proteus wrote:Found a bug! If you upgrade a weapon which is in the hands of some character, if the weapon becomes too high for that character lvl, the character can still use it!! Neat, huh?
For example, my char Proteus has a Colt M1911 lvl 14, he is also lvl 14. I upgraded the gun to lvl 15 and he is still lvl 14 and able to use it!

Haha that's awesome! Have you posted it on GetSatisfaction or are you going to ring the exploit dry?

TheASDF

Back to top Go down

Post by Insert Your Name Here Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:16 pm

TheASDF wrote:
Proteus wrote:Found a bug! If you upgrade a weapon which is in the hands of some character, if the weapon becomes too high for that character lvl, the character can still use it!! Neat, huh?

Haha that's awesome! Have you posted it on GetSatisfaction or are you going to ring the exploit dry?
I doubt Con will read the forum. Btw, don't report this! I wanna see a level 1 carrying a level 20 Hunting Knife!

For me, crafting is good enough. Although some crafting weapons are stupid (clipping a lot of wire on the head of a stick is not good enough to be a weapon), but some craftable gears are actually of high quality. The fuel cost still bothers me anyway.

Insert Your Name Here

Back to top Go down

Post by TheASDF Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Yeah the fuel costs are a major nono, especially how high they are. One weapon can be 24 fuel which is close to impossible to find within a week of scavenging.

TheASDF

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecthel_013 Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:55 pm

Well, it's just been fixed in the new build 427.

Insert Your Name Here wrote:I wanna see a level 1 carrying a level 20 Hunting Knife!
It only goes up to Level 5, I'm afraid. Even the premium weapons have a cap on how much you can upgrade them.

TheASDF wrote:Yeah the fuel costs are a major nono, especially how high they are. One weapon can be 24 fuel which is close to impossible to find within a week of scavenging.
Err... one Level 20 mission netted me 20 Fuel. With the Fuel drop rate increase, you can find enough in less than a week. 24 Fuel is cheap anyway, compared to trying to upgrade any decent weapons or gear. Those can go into triple digits quite fast.

Ecthel_013

Back to top Go down

Post by TheASDF Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Ecthel_013 wrote:
Err... one Level 20 mission netted me 20 Fuel. With the Fuel drop rate increase, you can find enough in less than a week. 24 Fuel is cheap anyway, compared to trying to upgrade any decent weapons or gear. Those can go into triple digits quite fast.

Well slap me silly. I never really paid any attention but for the entire length of time i've been playing, I have never used fuel and I still only have 180.

TheASDF

Back to top Go down

Post by Proteus Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:17 am

I won't post this anywhere else...it's our little secret Very Happy
Proteus
Proteus

Back to top Go down

Post by Proteus Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:37 am

[quote="Ecthel_013"]
Well, it's just been fixed in the new build 427.
Don't know...I have it and still my chars have the guns on them.
Proteus
Proteus

Back to top Go down

Post by Helionoribo Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:02 am

lol
Helionoribo
Helionoribo

Back to top Go down

Post by TheASDF Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:56 pm

MAYBE I should unsticky this.

TheASDF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum