The Dead Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barricade Strategies

+6
VuvuzelaBzz
Cybercynic
Quotex
Insert Your Name Here
Ecthel_013
TheASDF
10 posters

Go down

Barricade Strategies Empty Barricade Strategies

Post by TheASDF Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:51 am

One of the main reasons I made this forum is to find out what you guys do with your barricades. Regardless of how they don't act so much as barricades and more like a small stone, they can help funnel the zombies slightly.

What I tend to do is have a melee and a rifleman grouped together and the melee stands at a gap between barricades. That way the rifleman is never touched.

What do you guys do?

TheASDF

Back to top Go down

Barricade Strategies Empty Re: Barricade Strategies

Post by Ecthel_013 Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:59 pm

I pretty much use my barricades as decoration and for marking the boundaries of my compound.

Ecthel_013

Back to top Go down

Post by TheASDF Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:22 pm

I thought they looked cooler when they looked like they were protecting something.

TheASDF

Back to top Go down

Post by Insert Your Name Here Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:40 pm

We don't need barricades against zombies. A few M24s or AK-74s are enough to take down most of them.
The more important part is protection against player. I followed
this guide to protect my compound, but still haven't gotten someone to test it out yet.

Insert Your Name Here

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotex Wed May 02, 2012 8:08 pm

The same would count for me, i only use weapons for defense, barricades are only for deco. Besides most players are smart enough to get around them when they will have some use.

Quotex

Back to top Go down

Post by TheASDF Wed May 02, 2012 8:48 pm

Yeah, but if you stack enough barricades on each other, then it does slow down the zombies ever so slightly.

TheASDF

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybercynic Thu May 03, 2012 1:47 pm

I give all of my survivors guns, so most zombies are dead bythe time the reach the barricades. However, barricades do slow down the running zombies enough that they do not pose as great of a threat.

Cybercynic
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by VuvuzelaBzz Sat May 05, 2012 2:07 pm

I found that barricades can be useful in their own way even now. Found it in this guide: https://getsatisfaction.com/deadzone/topics/proper_compound_defense_how_to_make_raiders_suffer

VuvuzelaBzz

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrobbinHood Tue May 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Here, the left entrance and middle entrance aren't as protected, the flag in the middle of the compound is designed for people that come in through of one those entrances. Should raiders come in through those entrances only, the survivors assigned to the right entrance should have enough time to double back and meet with my survivors in the middle.

Barricade Strategies 1_bmp10

The right entrance is the more protected one. If survivors come in through there, that's where they'll meet the most resistance. Initially I had the food/water on the left entrance and the resource drop off on the right entrance, and each entrance was broken up a little more even than it is now. But I'm trying to put more eggs in one basket on the right side, with more barricades to (slightly) slow down raiders so that my survivors can gun them down.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Barricade Strategies 2_bmp10
ThrobbinHood
ThrobbinHood

Back to top Go down

Post by MENACE Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:51 pm

https://2img.net/h/i167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/sk8r4life-steve/Deadzonecompound-1.png

I posted a link above of my compound strategy. It won't allow me to post the image directly without it stretching off the screen.

NOTE: This is the strategy i am looking to achieve. I haven't quite gotten the weapons nor survivors yet
MENACE
MENACE

Back to top Go down

Post by ADestroyer360 Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:28 am

I question the reasoning of making a new topic for this.
ADestroyer360
ADestroyer360

Back to top Go down

Post by MENACE Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:34 pm

ThrobbinHood wrote:Here, the left entrance and middle entrance aren't as protected, the flag in the middle of the compound is designed for people that come in through of one those entrances. Should raiders come in through those entrances only, the survivors assigned to the right entrance should have enough time to double back and meet with my survivors in the middle.

Barricade Strategies 1_bmp10

The right entrance is the more protected one. If survivors come in through there, that's where they'll meet the most resistance. Initially I had the food/water on the left entrance and the resource drop off on the right entrance, and each entrance was broken up a little more even than it is now. But I'm trying to put more eggs in one basket on the right side, with more barricades to (slightly) slow down raiders so that my survivors can gun them down.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Barricade Strategies 2_bmp10

Seeing all this, i know if i were to personally raid your compound i would take either the west or south entrance and just pick off the unguarded enemies sitting in the center with a long ranged weapon or lure them out then just scavenge your resources and materials... I don't think anyone that raids a compound will purposely take the side with the most protection to gain entry. My suggestion is even out your security and place survivors accordingly to where you think the raiders will attempt to gain entry.
MENACE
MENACE

Back to top Go down

Post by MENACE Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:34 pm

Posting an update of what my compound looks like now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Smile

https://2img.net/h/i167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/sk8r4life-steve/DeadzoneCompound2.png
MENACE
MENACE

Back to top Go down

Barricade Strategies Empty Base layout

Post by Ol Gilbert Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:50 am

I only protect my storage units. The resource drop offs are pretty useless to defend, it makes you spread your troops making it easy for them get picked off. So I surround my resource containers with 2 layers of barricades, and wire + wooden spikes for a 3rd layer. P.S. Ammo storage shouldn't be much of a priority to.

Ol Gilbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum