The Dead Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Help Others Or Not

3 posters

Go down

To Help Others Or Not Empty To Help Others Or Not

Post by Bruce Wayne Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:33 am

I'm pretty new to the game, but have realized that I can view the compound of others and if they have tasks going (like upgrading), I can slightly speed this up for them. But then I thought "that could come back to bite me", although, a few minutes of help isn't going to make someone fly ahead in the leveling.

What do you guys think? What do YOU do? I've been helping everybody I can, to be honest. Love thy neighbor, or something like that. Also, I noticed I now have "Friendly" under a few names. Do others get notification that you've helped? How does it go from Neutral to Friendly?

Thanks.

Last edited by Bruce Wayne on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar/Spelling corrections)

Bruce Wayne

Back to top Go down

To Help Others Or Not Empty Re: To Help Others Or Not

Post by TheASDF Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:14 pm

I used to help people out and once in awhile it paid back. Yes they do get notifications saying you helped and there is even a "return the favour" button I believe. However, it was every 1 in 20 that helped back and I realised I am not gaining much.

It changes to Friendly if you help them once. Also, another thing is that the amount of time you shave off for them depends on how much time it takes to build that building. If it takes 30 minutes to build (overall, not remaining time), then you probably only take off 5 minutes. But if it takes 6 days to build, then you can shave off like 5 hours.

The only way it could come back to bite you is if by helping them, they suddenly notice a potential prey that they could raid.

To avoid this, I now raid people rather than help them Smile

On a completely different note, where do you live again? Very Happy

TheASDF

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Wayne Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:43 am

TheASDF wrote:I used to help people out and once in awhile it paid back. Yes they do get notifications saying you helped and there is even a "return the favour" button I believe. However, it was every 1 in 20 that helped back and I realised I am not gaining much.

It changes to Friendly if you help them once. Also, another thing is that the amount of time you shave off for them depends on how much time it takes to build that building. If it takes 30 minutes to build (overall, not remaining time), then you probably only take off 5 minutes. But if it takes 6 days to build, then you can shave off like 5 hours.

The only way it could come back to bite you is if by helping them, they suddenly notice a potential prey that they could raid.

Hmm, then that means the three folks I've helped (one I help out regularly) haven't been returning the favor. Well, I know who to raid first. Not to mention the glaringly obvious flaws in their designs so far. At this point, I'm about 3-4 levels ahead of the second guy on my list,and 7 levels ahead of the third guy. Also, does it cost anything to help others out? I haven't noticed anything, but maybe that is why they aren't helping back (or just don't know how?).

I live in Gotham City, of course. Cool Just kidding. You mean where do I ACTUALLY live, or in the game?

Bruce Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TheASDF Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:45 pm

Bruce Wayne wrote:
TheASDF wrote:I used to help people out and once in awhile it paid back. Yes they do get notifications saying you helped and there is even a "return the favour" button I believe. However, it was every 1 in 20 that helped back and I realised I am not gaining much.

Hmm, then that means the three folks I've helped (one I help out regularly) haven't been returning the favor. Well, I know who to raid first. Not to mention the glaringly obvious flaws in their designs so far. At this point, I'm about 3-4 levels ahead of the second guy on my list,and 7 levels ahead of the third guy. Also, does it cost anything to help others out? I haven't noticed anything, but maybe that is why they aren't helping back (or just don't know how?).

I live in Gotham City, of course. Cool Just kidding. You mean where do I ACTUALLY live, or in the game?

I mean't in the game but I was afraid you would mistaken me for your real address. Also, i'm kidding Razz

No, there is no cost to helping out. People are just douches. I have only been helped out 3 times I think and I have returned the favour.

You must take note however that some people don't play the game anymore but their base is still there.

TheASDF

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecthel_013 Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:54 am

I don't really have much opportunity or reason to help the people on my list out. Most of them don't seem to be playing anymore, and I'm generally too busy with other things to take the time to carefully scour each one.

Ecthel_013

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Wayne Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:20 am

TheASDF wrote:
I mean't in the game but I was afraid you would mistaken me for your real address. Also, i'm kidding Razz

No, there is no cost to helping out. People are just douches. I have only been helped out 3 times I think and I have returned the favour.

You must take note however that some people don't play the game anymore but their base is still there.

In the game.. Riverside? Or something, I don't know. It is a bit away from the stadium. I am still in the protection stage. The people I am helping are actively playing because the only way I've found to help is to help the upgrades, which I stopped doing.

Yeah, I'm totally butt hurt that people didn't help me back. tongue That is okay. They'll just have to pay douche taxes when I raid them in a day or two. Twisted Evil

Bruce Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TheASDF Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:33 pm

Haha, raiding is abit complicated. You can only send 5 people into a raid and your men won't move to attack, they will only attack if the enemy is in range so if your enemy has long range weapons, you can be sure that you will have a bad time.

Make sure all your guys are attacking and fighting.

TheASDF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum